Why we love this tour
Glacier walk on Sólheimajökull glacier Experienced guides will take care of you on the ice Reykjavík City Pick Up & Drop Off English-speaking guide Daily departure
Our Most Popular All Year Glacier Walk Day Tour
A glacier walk is a great way to experience Icelandic nature and a tour to Sólheimajökull glacier is an ideal way to spend the day. On the two-hour drive from Reykjavík, you will pass right under the famous Eyjafjallajökull volcano that caused so much trouble in the spring of 2010. Just east of the volcano lies Sólheimajökull, an outlet glacier from Mýrdalsjökull, Iceland’s fourth-largest glacier. There, we will guide you on a safe and easy Glacier Walk on crampons up onto the icy landscape. As we explore the wonderland of ice sculptures, ridges, and deep crevasses, you will learn about these disappearing giants. Our experienced mountain guides will teach you how to use the basic glacier equipment necessary for this tour. On the way back we will get on The Plane Wreck shuttle to visit the DC-3 plane wreck on the black beach before stopping at the picturesque waterfalls, Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
- Pick up: 9:00am from Reykjavík
New regulations have been implemented regarding the shuttle traffic in the downtown Reykjavik. We have therefore offered 12 pick up points instead of directly picking up guests from accommodations . Please click here for further information.
- 11-12 hours total, 2 – 2h 30m on the ice
- Free pickup and drop off in Rekjavik
- English-speaking tour guide
- Glacier gear
- Safety equipment
- Lunch and dinner
What you need to know
- Minimum requirements: 10 years(Please note we only can provide minimum shoes size of European 34)
- Remember to bring:Warm outdoor clothing, Good hiking boots
- Moderate difficulty : Accessible to all those in good health, who are doing some sport regularly and who are used to all-terrain walks. 2-6 hours walking per day, without much carrying