Why we love this tour
Searching for Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights on boat Heated indoor lounge available on the boat to keep you warm Wireless internet on board Pickup option available
Hunting the auroras by boat gives you more comfort as we have heated inside areas, an onboard café and great 360° viewing platform for panoramic views. Our expert aurora guides help you enjoy the lights and cruise to the fullest by giving you information about the auroras as well as answering any questions you may have. They even take pictures on the tour which you can request by email when you get back home! You can borrow one of our overalls to keep you warm, just remember to bring a hat and gloves.
Meet us at the red and white ticket office at the Old Harbour in downtown Reykjavík where you will exchange your pre-paid voucher for admission tickets. Our expert guide will then greet you in our Visitor Centre, which is facilitated on board an old fishing vessel permanently placed by the pier. We will take you out into the dark blue yonder of Faxaflói bay in search for the mystical phenomenon that is the auroras; leaving behind the bright city lights of the northernmost capital in the world, Reykjavík.
If the lights fail to make an appearance we do not refund the tour price but instead offer you to try again another day. You are free to go as many times as needed (within two years) to catch the show – at no extra cost!
- 1.5 – 2.5 hours
- Meeting Point : Ægisgarður, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Pick-Up Optional is available with extra cost
- Access to Visitor Centre
- Use of warm overalls
- Excellent live guidance
- Assistance with photography
- Free WiFi onboard
- Northern Lights guarantee (or try again for free)
- Pictures taken by crew (if any)
What you need to know
- Minimum requirements: No minimum age
- Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing
- All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation by Whatsapp, Facebook or other channels will not be accepted. A cancellation fee of 100% is charged if the booking is canceled 1 working day (Except Saturday, Sunday & Public holiday in Hong Kong) or less before departure day (counted as day 0).