Why we love this tour
Unforgettable experience Find the best place and time to see the spectacular northern lights If you can’t see any Aurora Borealis, you can come and see again for free! Free pickup
Northern Light Tour
Our tour takes you to see a spectacular phenomenon which can be seen from late August to mid-April. The northern lights, also known as the aurora borealis, are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the Magnetic Pole.
Choosing a guided tour increases your chances of seeing the northern lights in Iceland. Our team of experts reviews and studies the weather, locations and aurora forecast on a daily basis to determine if the odds are in our favour.
The tour is weather dependent and sightings are not guaranteed. However, you will experience Icelandic nature during the night, the Milky Way, stars, moon, clouds and total darkness. Please note that indicated return times can vary.
If you don‘t see any northern lights during this tour, you are invited to join the tour again, free of charge.
Passengers can buy waffles and hot drinks on-site, at an extra cost, when available, to enjoy while looking up into the sky.*
*Waffles and hot drinks are only available on the 21:00 and 22:00 departures.
- Free pickup and drop off in Rekjavik
- English-speaking tour guide
- Approx. 3.5 hours guided tour
What you need to know
- Duration: 3 hours and 30 minutes
- Difficulty: Very easy
- Language: English
- Season: Winter, Autumn, Spring
- On Location Time:
22:00 (25 August 2019 – 30 September 2019 & 15 March 2020 – 15 April 2020)
21:00 (1 October 2019 – 14 March 2020)
20:00 (15 October 2019 – 28 February 2020)
- Minimum wage: 1 years-old
- Remember to bring: Warm Clothes
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed.
- Once you have joined a departure that the tour is non-refundable regardless if lights are visible or not.
Due to the regulations implemented regarding the shuttle traffic in the downtown Reykjavik, we have offered 13 pick up points instead of directly picking up guests from accommodations . Please click here for further information.
- All cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com. Cancellation by Whatsapp, Facebook or other channels will not be accepted. A cancellation fee of 100% is charged if the booking is canceled 1 working day (Except Saturday, Sunday & Public holiday in Hong Kong) or less before departure day (counted as day 0).