Why we love this tour
Northern light hunting from Akureyri Daily Departure during the season
Northern Lights Akureyri is a hunting experience. To go into the dark, frozen winter night and observe an unbelievable display of colors, lights and texture, is like waking up in a fairy-tale, full of mystery and magic.
For the Northern Lights hunt we drive out to the countryside or up to the mountains, away from electric glow and city sounds. Where you will be able to enjoy the beautiful night sky at the best possible situation, of course depending on weather. The also called Aurora Borealis, are a natural phenomenon visible in the Northern Hemisphere. A unique display of light caused by a particle collision in the magnetic field of the polar caps.
Our goal in not only to find the right sights for best photograph but also to take our time to enjoy this fragile single moment that will never come again but you might remember for the rest of your life.
We departs daily at 21:30 during the season witch is September 1st until April 15th.
If your Tour Guide confirms that no lights were seen we offer a complimentary tour, on the following departure. Please contact our land operator OR via email email@example.com to confirm a seat on the next available departure.
- Hotel Kea by Keahotels ,Hafnarstræti 89, Akureyri, Iceland
- Please choose your pick up point when you book .if you choose no pick-up, it means we will meet us at Hotel Kea by Keahotels
- 2.5 – 3 hours
- Free pickup and drop off in Akureyri
- English-speaking tour guide
What you need to know
- Minimum requirements: No minimum age
- Remember to bring:Warm outdoor clothing, Gloves,Camera and tripod
- The lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond our control. They are visible in Iceland from September through April but visibility is subject to light activity and cloud coverage
- We cannot guarantee sightings even if the tour is operated
- In case of no sighting of the Northern Lights we offer our customers a complimentary second departure on the following evening or next operated departure. Confirmed reservation is necessary for the complimentary tour
- Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
- Please note that we might travel in a pack with other mini buses from our company if more than one car is booked. The reason for this is that in winter time we often have bad road conditions and there is safety in numbers. This also allows for smoother operation on our hot coco.
- All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation by Whatsapp, Facebook or other channels will not be accepted. A cancellation fee of 100% is charged if the booking is canceled 1 working days (Except Saturday, Sunday & Public holiday in Hong Kong) or less before departure day (counted as day 0).