Why we love this tour
A boat ride on the beautiful Glacier Lagoon (Mid May to October) Charming village of Vík and Kirkjubæjarklaustur Visiting Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon Tour in Small Group, 19 pax max Free pickup English-speaking tour guide
Glacier Lagoon tour formally begins at the charming village of Vík and continues through spectacular scenery, lava fields and a black sandy desert all the way to the magnificent Glacier Lagoon where we will take a boat ride among the multi-shaped icebergs. We visit the village of Kirkjubæjarklaustur, stopping to admire beautiful waterfalls along the way.
Our journey continues on to Skaftafell National Park were we stop at the visitor center and take a short hike (optional) to Svartifoss waterfall cascading down stacks of basalt columns. As we make our way back towards Reykjavik we might be able to catch a glimpse of the eternal kiss of the Icelandic trolls along the way before we will visit the serene, beautiful 100 meter deep Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon and more…
We do reserve the right to alter the tour as needed if road or weather conditions are unfavorable. The boats do not operate during winter but often they are able to operate through October and well into November. If the boats are not operating the price is 28.500 ISK per person. Svartifoss and Fjaðrargljúfur canyon may not be accessible in winter conditions. But other extra stops will be made (usually Skógarfoss or Seljalandsfoss waterfall). Due to fewer daylight hours in November to February much of the driving to and from the sights will be in darkness, but the main sight of this tour – Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon will be visited during daylight. Winter in Iceland is usually from late October to mid April.
Glacier Lagoon tour is truly something you’ll never forget!
- If Zodiac Boat ride is required, Please add 9.700 ISK for a 60 minute ride (available June to September)
- Pick up between: 7:30 – 08:00 AM in Reykjavik
New regulations have been implemented regarding the shuttle traffic in the downtown Reykjavik. We have therefore offered 12 pick up points instead of directly picking up guests from accommodations . Please click here for further information.
- 14 hours
- Free pickup and drop off in Rekjavik
- English-speaking tour guide
- Amphibian or Zodiac Boat ride in Glacier Lagoon in summer
- Lunch and dinner
What you need to know
- 0 – 5 years: Free of charge
- All departures require a minimum number of participants in order to operate; 4 persons. The tour operator reserves the right to delay, alter or cancel any tour due to weather or any other unsafe conditions for the safety of our clients.