Why we love this tour
State-of-the -art Technology gives the feeling of flight Before the flight-ride experience, our pre-ride shows explore the roles of nature, time and humankind on this remarkable island.From volcanoes and glaciers to Vikings, trolls and more, it’s a powerful experience.
SWEEPING GLACIERS, STUNNING FJORDS & ANCIENT MYSTERIES
FlyOver Iceland utilizes state-of-the-art technology to give you the feeling of flight. You will hang suspended, feet dangling, before a 20-metre spherical screen while our film whisks you away on an exhilarating journey across Iceland. Special effects, including wind, mist, and scents, combine with the ride’s motion to create an unforgettable experience.
FlyOver Iceland rides commence approximately every 15 to 20 minutes during operating hours. The total experience will take approximately 35 minutes, including the 8.5 minutes you’ll spend on the Ultimate Flying Ride.
TWO ORIGINAL PRE-SHOW EXPERIENCES
HISTORY, MYTHOLOGY & NATURE
Before the flight-ride experience, our pre-ride shows explore the roles of nature, time, and humankind on this remarkable island. From volcanoes and glaciers to Vikings, trolls, and more, it’s a powerful experience.
STEP INTO OUR WORLD
Before your flight begins, you’ll be immersed in the magic of Iceland. Our flight guides and resident troll Sú Vitra will lead you through two unique adventures that’ll ignite your imagination with stories of Iceland, its people, and the natural forces at work.
Before taking off, our Icelandic storyteller will welcome you into an ancient Viking longhouse. Join him by the light of the fire as he weaves a tale while a mesmerizing shadow-play projection brings it all to life.
THE WELL OF TIME
Here, in the Well of Time, you’ll journey on an immersive exploration through Iceland’s history. Using music, video, imagery, and sound, the forces of nature and the human spirit come to life. Your guide is Sú Vitra, a character based on local troll legends that have been custom-designed by beloved illustrator Brian Pilkington. Older than the human imagination can fathom, she symbolizes the wisdom and enchantment of Iceland.
Sú Vitra leads you through three different acts. First, you’ll feel the power of the land as the strong and often violent forces of nature take shape. Next is the arrival of man and the introduction of Þetta Reddast. Finally, discover how Icelandic people have made a life on this island. Life continues, no matter what.
FLYOVER ICELAND IS LOCATED AT FISKISLÓÐ 43, 101 REYKJAVÍK
- Open Daily
- MONDAY–THURSDAY: 12 PM TO 7 PM
- FRIDAY–SUNDAY: 11 AM TO 7 PM
What you need to know
- To enter FlyOver Iceland, children must be at least 102cm (40″) tall. Children must be accompanied by an adult or guardian (14 years or older).
- The experience requires standing for between 20 and 30 minutes, and ascending and descending stairs. If you anticipate having difficulty with standing for 30 minutes, upon arriving at the attraction, please advise one of our Flight Guides, and they will accommodate you to the best of their ability, by providing a folding chair at certain points and minimizing the number of stairs you will have to climb or, if necessary, they will assist you in using our internal lift.
- All cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com. Cancellation by Whatsapp, Facebook or other channels will not be accepted. A cancellation fee of 100% is charged if the booking is canceled 2 working days (Except Saturday, Sunday & Public holiday in Hong Kong) or less before departure day (counted as day 0).