Lake Mývatn Classic
Why we love this tour
Visit the Goðafoss Waterfall, Víti Explosion Crater and Grjótagjá Rift Relax in the bathing Hotel pick up is included
Enjoy an amazing journey through an area of extreme contrasts, bird life, flora, geothermal activity, geology and saga. The Lake Mývatn area is by many considered the most beautiful and at the same time the most catastrophic place in Iceland.
We begin our day by stopping at Goðafoss Waterfall on our way to Lake Mývatn. Goðafoss is a picturesque waterfall in Skjálfandafljót River. The first stop by Lake Mývatn is at the pseudo-craters of Skútustaðagígar. From there we visit all the highlights of the area, such as Hverir Mud Pools, Grjótagjá Rift, Dimmuborgir Lava Fields and many more.
Our last stop by Lake Mývatn before our return to Akureyri is the Mývatn Nature Baths, where we enjoy a relaxing time in completely natural pool of geothermal water based in the middle of lava fields with great view over the area. During the tour we break for refreshments at a local restaurant or café
Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancel the tour
- Pick up from your accommodation in Akureyri
- Saga Travel Information Centre or free hotel pick up
- 8-9 hours with transport
- Pick-up from your hotel in Akureyri
- Fee for the Mývatn Nature Baths
- Fully guided tour
What you need to know
- What to bring: Good walking shoes, Bathing suit and towel (can be rented), Water bottle, Warm clothing in winter time
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancel the tour