Why we love this tour
The best way to experience Jökulsárlón Sail among gigantic icebergs Only available in Summer!
Get a front row seat to the glacial lagoon as you sail among the gigantic icebergs and take in the power and the peace of this magnificent natural phenomenon.
The lake is a result of Breiðarmerkurjökull glacier slowly retreating, leaving in its wake the lagoon and the oddly-shaped icebergs of various sizes. En route to the lagoon you will see some of Iceland’s most magnificent scenery, including the tallest mountain in Iceland, Hvannadalshnjúkur, and the sprawling black sand desert between Skaftafell National Park and the lagoon itself.
Tour duration: 07:30 – 22:00
- Pick up at 7:00 from your accommodation in Reykjavik
- 14 hours with transport
- Approx. 30 minutes boat tour
- Pick-up from your hotel in Reykjavík
- A guided tour on boat
What you need to know
- What to bring: Warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, headwear
- Guidance: English, French, German