Why we love this tour
An easy hike into the “Smokey Valley” reveals plumes of steam, bubbling hot pools, and trickling thermal creeks! Small group guaranty
Have you ever wanted to bathe in a natural hot pool? If your answer is yes, you have found the perfect activity, because baths do not get any more natural than this.
We start by hiking up to Hveradalir valley from the small town of Hveragerði, located about 45 KM from Reykjavík. Hveragerði is the town of hot springs and you can see steam rise from the earth many places around the populated area. The hike up to the bathing pool takes about 45 minutes and the path is quite good so the tour is suitable for all, over the age of 10, in average health but we recommend good shoes for this tour, especially during winter*. Once we reach the place where hot water from the springs blend together with the cold spring water river making the perfect temperature for a relaxing bath we undress and dip in.
After a rejuvenating soak surrounded by magnificent landscape, we go back and end the tour at the starting point in Hveragerði.
*During the winter there might be ice and snow on the hiking path making the hike a little harder. Our guides make sure that everyone is safe and comfortable in these circumstances. We assess the conditions before each tour and provide crampons if necessary.
This tour is available with a pick up from Reykjavík (2000 ISK) or you can choose to meet us on location. Please check your meeting time on your voucher.
- Pick up at 9:00 a.m in winter time, 8:00 a.m in summer time
- Meet on location time: Be ready at N1 gas station in Hveragerði at 10 AM (9 AM during summer).*
- 5-6 hours with transport
- Hiking and bathing in the hot springs are about 4 hours
- Guided hiking tour
What you need to know
- What to bring: Warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, headwear, gloves, bathing suit and a towel. Good hiking shoes are recommended and can be rented online beforehand.
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- Maximum number of participants: 14 persons per guide.