Why we love this tour
Enjoy beautiful landscape from a new angle! Rafting down the Hvítá river is a splendid way to spend the day. Free pickup and drop off in Reykjavik Only available from May 14th until September 15th!
- River rafting
- Hvítá river
- Brúarhlöð canyon
- Hot sauna after the river rafting
Rafting down the Hvítá River is a magnificent way to enjoy the Icelandic nature in a different way. Cruise down the great glacier river running all the way from Langjökull glacier, Iceland’s second biggest glacier, and take in the incomparable surroundings that the roaring river has created over the years, with Brúarhlöð canyon as one of the highlights. The canyon has grand rock formations and portholes and you can see how the water has sculptured the breccia walls. Hvítá river also feeds the grand waterfall, Gullfoss, that is one of them most visited attractions in Iceland. After the raft, you can relax in the sauna at Drumbó, enjoy a grilled lamb meal in our restaurant or a drink at the bar.
This tour is for everyone that enjoys a little adventure in an outstanding landscape.
Located just off the Golden Circle, rafting on Hvítá river is a perfect addition to your golden circle tour.
- Pick up is at 12:00 PM. Please note that it can take up to 30 minutes for us to arrive.
- If you prefer to meet us on location the tour begins every day at 10:00 AM & 14:00. Please be at Drumboddstaðir 15 minutes prior to departure.
What's included and excluded
- River Rafting on Hvítá river
- Wetsuit, live-vest, helmet and all equipment for rafting
- Entry to sauna and shower facilities
- Guidance by a certified rafting guide
What you need to know
Duration: Approximately 7 hours with pick up / approximately 4 hours if you meet us on location.
Clothing: Warm undergarments, preferably fleece or wool. Warm socks and sweater and a change of clothes. Bathing suit & towel.
Minimum Age: 11 years.