Glacier Snowmobile & Ice Cave Tour from Reykjavik
Ride a snowmobile on Langjökull glacier and explore a natural ice cave on this day tour available directly from Reykjavik.
Why we love this tour
Small group experience Snowmobiling A visit to a natural ice cave Langjökull Glacier Super truck experience Daily departure from November 15th – April 30th
Your snowmobile & ice cave adventure starts with a pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavik*. From there you will head directly towards our base camp on Langjökull Glacier where you will gear up for your glacier adventure. Your certified glacier guide will then provide you with a safety briefing on how to safely operate a snowmobile. When you are all set and ready for your snowmobile ride you will roar your snowmobile to live and head off for a 1 hour snowmobile ride. After about a half an hour riding you will reach the natural ice cave where you will get the chance to take in the great surroundings and spend about 15 minutes exploring all that the cave has to offer. Take advantage of the outstanding photo opportunity that the cave offers you before finishing your 1 hour snowmobile ride to our base camp. Your full day snowmobile & ice cave adventure will then end with a drop off to your accommodation* in Reykjavik.
What's included and excluded
- Pick up from Reykjavík
- 1 hour snowmobile ride
- Two people sharing a snowmobile
- Visit to a natural ice cave
- Necessary snowmobiling gear
- A balaclava, gloves and a helmet
- Meals (You need to bring a lunch or some snacks. Lunch is not included in the tour.)
What you need to know
Pick up between: Pick up is offered from all major hotels in the downtown Reykjavik area. Please be ready in time. Please note that it can take 30 minutes for us to arrive.
Duration: Up to 8 hours / 10am – 6pm
Min/Max: 1 per 6 sleds
- A standard booking is for 2 people sharing 1 snowmobile.
- If you wish to have a solo snowmobile or your group is an odd number please choose the number of solo participants with the option “participants – solo on a snowmobile” when making your booking.
- The age limit was set to 8 years in company with a guardian.
- A valid drivers license is required to operate a snowmobile.
- Pick up is offered from all major hotels in the downtown Reykjavik area.
- Due to safety reasons we do not recommend women that are already 3 months pregnant to participate in our snowmobile tours.
- You need to bring a lunch or some snacks. Lunch is not included in the tour.
Remember to bring:
- Warm clothing
- Upper body: Thermal shirt and a fleece or a thick sweater over.
- Lower body: Warm pants. If you get easily cold, also thermals.
- Shoes: It’s best to wear boots as it’s pretty cold on the glacier and they can get wet.
New regulations have been implemented regarding the shuttle traffic in the downtown Reykjavik. We have therefore offered 12 pick up points instead of directly picking up guests from accommodations . Please click here for further information.