Why we love this tour
Visit the famous Diamond Circle! Find the cute puffin in summer! Hotel pick up is included Daily departure
Lake Mývatn, Waterfall Dettifoss, Ásbyrgi & Húsavík
The Diamond Circle Classic tour takes you on an unforgettable journey through Iceland’s most catastrophic area. Hot springs, glacial rivers, geothermal mud pools, canyons and geological wonders. We visit, among other, popular destinations such as Dettifoss Waterfall, Lake Mývatn (Short Photo Stops), Ásbyrgi Canyon and travel along the Arctic Coastline of Tjörnes Peninsula. Sit back and enjoy our expert local guidance through this magical, rough terrain.
Early summer, we stop at Tjörnes peninsula where we will find puffins nesting in the impressive cliffs by the coastline.
If you wish to take a bath in Lake Mývatn, we recommend you to join our Lake Mývatn Classic Tour.
- Pick up from your accommodation in Akureyri
- Saga Travel Information Centre or free hotel pick up
- 10-11 hours with transport
- Pick-up from your hotel in Akureyri
- Fully guided tour
What you need to know
- What to bring: Good walking shoes, Water bottle, Warm clothing in winter time
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancel the tour